Jill Scott: Sins of the Mother’ Makes Big Debut for Lifetime – Entertainment Newswire | Black Voices.
‘Sins of the Mother,’ starring singer/actress Jill Scott and newcomer Nicole Beharie, became the second most-watched movie in the history of the Lifetime Movie Network during its Feb. 21 premiere.
The film, based on Carleen Brice‘s best-selling novel ‘Orange, Mint and Honey,’ was also the second highest rated program in key woman demographics in the network’s 12-year history — bested only by the 2009 ‘Natalie Holloway‘ movie.
need i say more? what an accomplishment! carleen is truly a kind and generous spirit and i’m so very proud of her success! such an inspiration.
or does this puppy remind you of somebody?
carleen brice posted this link to hipster puppies and i couldn’t stop giggling. the boston in that pic looks just like my friend takema’s boston terrier miss sophia who is named for the character in the color purple.
Filed under jameyness, style
my friend carleen made this awesome video, and since she’s a black author, feel free to buy her book!
awhile ago i was tagged by the lovely pajama gardener carleen for this meme.
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules in your blog.
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
right off the bat i’m going to break the rules. i’m going to officially tag april, but if you actually read this, consider yourself tagged.
1. i have a phobia about putting holes in walls. i have two paintings that have been framed since december that are leaning against the walls.
2. i hate jello and jellied things except, strangely, jellied cranberry sauce.
3. i have an almost photographic memory with books and magazines. i can visualize book covers, magazine pages. it was really helpful when i was a librarian.
4. i ask my best friend caprice for the same thing for christmas every year. a workman horoscope calendar. i tear it off one day at a time and don’t look ahead. ever.
5. i cannot operate the bluetooth thingie for my cellphone. i’m kinda clueless with technology, but i still want an iphone and one of those flip videocameras.
6. in three years of my mfa program most of our seminars were held in the same room. i kept the same seat each time and even evicted someone who beat me to it. i only cared about this one classroom. once i sell my book i plan to sponsor a “secret” scholarship like a door prize to be awarded to the first first-year mfa to sit in “my” chair every fall.
i could go on…but these are just my unspectacular quirks…you should hear about some of my spectacular ones. *wink*